Goodreads Reading Challenge
February saw 37 books read, for a total so far this year of 84. Goodreads says 82, since two of the books I read aren’t up there yet, but I should be able to edit that when the details are up. I’d have liked to hit 40, but this is a short month, I suppose!
My Owned TBR
As of March 1st, my TBR stands at 470 books. Up by 61…. I am doing an appalling job of reducing this! Two things are to blame – a crop of Regency romance on NetGalley, and a friend who was ditching a lot of classic fantasy books and offered them to me. I’m not even going to set a goal this month. Just down!!
NetGalley books are up to 88. I’ve reviewed 15, so this is 100% a need to stop requesting on my part!
45 are overdue (again, several have been picked up or granted after publication date). 6 have been read and are waiting for reviews.
Beat The Backlist
16 books off the backlist in February! Slytherin are still in the lead!
9th March – The Everlasting Rose (review)
15th March – The Silver Moon Storybook (review)
17th March – Ancestral Night (review)
19th March – Sapphire Smyth and the Shadow Five (interview)
I’m actually not going to set a huge TBR for March, as I’m a) extraordinarily busy and b) terrible at not just picking up what I fancy. So for this post, here are the books I have to read, for review purposes…
- Viper, Once and Future, Four Dead Queens and The Rambling have all been started, and featured in last month’s TBR, so I won’t explain them again.
- Becoming Mrs Lewis intrigued me as it is the story of CS Lewis and his wife, Joy. As I’m Oxford-based, I hear a lot about Lewis in my day-to-day life, but I never even knew he was married, so this should be interesting!
- I can’t wait for The Time Travel Diaries!! This is the new book from Caroline Lawrence – I loved her Roman Mysteries series.
- I’ve also already started Call Me Alastair, which is a sweet and funny book about a parrot with a big brain and a larger heart. I’m enjoying it so far!
- Song of Sorrow is one of my most anticipated reads this year!! I’m going to the launch event on the 9th March with my Bookaneers (Justine and Judith) and I’m so excited!
- I loved The Belles, so The Everlasting Rose is going to be great, I’m sure!
- And finally, I love everything Elizabeth Bear does, so Ancestral Night is a must-read.
What’s on your TBR this month? How was your February reading?