I’ve seen a lot of people say that January felt interminable, but for me I feel like it’s gone in a flash! Let’s see how I got on with my reading goals this month…
Goodreads Reading Challenge
31 books for me in January, which is a book a day (I totally forgot about one of them until a few days later, so the above picture is wrong)! All but one of them were from my TBR, and more than half had been there at least six months, so backlist reading is going well.
My Owned TBR
My TBR is down at 565 from 574, so 9 books fewer than the start of the month. I did gain a fair few books – I bought ten, and also had a lot of book post from publishers, and NetGalley approvals. I think a book buying ban in February might be a good idea to get this chopped down faster – and it is the shortest month, so might not be too painful!
I read two and DNFed two of my Kindle Unlimited books, so there are six left for me to finish up and return before March:
- Cara’s Twelve by Chantel Seabrook
- Fire Falling by Elise Kova
- The Confectioner’s Coup by Claire Luana
- Enchanting the King by ED Walker
- A Thief and a Gentlewoman by Clare Sager
- Heartless by Anne Elizabeth Stengl
I didn’t read a single series book in January, oops!
- the Flavia Albia series by Lindsey Davis. 1/7 (with the 8th coming in July 2020).
- The Chronicles of St Mary’s by Jodi Taylor. 2/10 are read, with the 11th coming in April 2020, plus bucketloads of short stories and a spin-off series that already has one book out.
- The Invisible Library series by Genevieve Cogman. 4/6 are read, and 7 and 8 are coming but don’t currently have publication dates.
- The Spellslinger series by Sebastien de Castell. 3/6
Up to 74% on Netgalley, from 71%, with 106 books to review (down from 115). I submitted 19 reviews in January, and was approved for 10 new books. I’m pleased with this, but still need to speed up a bit if I want them all clear by May! I have four requests pending (one of which I’m definitely going to be declined for because HMH Teen have never once approved me) so if I can be restrained, this should be a quiet month on NetGalley.
I’m hopeful for February! I have a readathon running, #Februwitchy, which should give me good motivation to get through a few more neglected backlist books, and maybe even let me make some space on the shelves. I’m also considering taking part in Tome Topple, to get a couple of longer books out of the TBR. Wish me luck!