I am NOT currently accepting unsolicited review requests unless I have worked with you before! If I’ve reviewed a book positively for you before, please feel free to contact me again even if I’m closed.
I do not do unsolicited spotlight posts, interviews, or other content.
When I am open to requests, I review books aimed at all ages in the following genres:
- fantasy (especially slice-of-life, sword and sorcery, court fantasy, and fantasy of manners!)
- Regency/Victorian historical romance (I am no longer accepting medieval, Highlander or Viking historical romance for review, and I will not read Christian/”clean” romance. Sweet/non-steamy romance is fine but I object to the label “clean” as sex isn’t “dirty”, so if that’s a major selling point for you, we’re unlikely to be a good match)
- some non-fiction (especially about plants and herbs, linguistics, nature, history, or witchcraft).
- some science-fiction but I am picky about subgenre (I prefer character-based to military or tech-heavy).
- I’m always looking for queer romance in any of these genres!
I don’t review:
- modern crime fiction/true crime
- erotica (high heat is fine, but there must be plot outside the sex scenes!)
- contemporary fiction
- religious fiction
- paranormal romance
- urban fantasy set outside of the UK
- grimdark fantasy
- military fantasy or sci fi
Please be upfront about content warnings, especially if your book contains domestic abuse, sexual assault, difficult pregnancies or cruelty to babies and children. A warning does not necessarily mean I won’t read the book, just that I’m better prepared to encounter the content. I reserve the right to DNF a book if it contains this kind of content unwarned for – and I won’t accept future books from you.
I will strongly prioritise reviews for print copies, as this is my preferred way of reading; I can also accept Kindle compatible ebooks. I am in the UK so please bear this in mind if you are not!
Please do let me know upfront if there is a specific date you would need a review by, as my TBR list is very full. I am happy to try to rearrange things for a particular date but if unspecified, it is likely to be months before I can get to it. If we have not specified a date, please do not send follow-up messages chasing me.
My accepting a review copy does not mean you are guaranteed a review; I tend not to finish books I am not enjoying, and I don’t review books I haven’t finished. I also generally prefer not to spend time writing negative reviews, for your sake and mine. Please let me know if you want me to tell you if I decide not to write a review.
I also reserve the right to refuse a review after accepting a review copy if a book has not been edited to an acceptable standard, or contains persistent grammatical errors. To avoid issues, I would prefer to read a sample before I commit to reviewing the full book (Look Inside on Amazon, for example).
I aim to reply to all messages within a week.