I am NOT currently accepting review requests!
When I am open to requests, I review books aimed at all ages in the following genres:
- fantasy (especially slice-of-life, sword and sorcery, court fantasy, and fantasy of manners!)
- Regency/historical romance (but not Christian/”clean” romance. Sweet/non-steamy romance is fine but I object to the label “clean”, so if that’s a selling point for you, we’re unlikely to be a good match)
- historical fiction (pre-WW1 only, please)
- some non-fiction (especially about plants and herbs, nature, history, or witchcraft).
- some science-fiction but I am picky about subgenre (I prefer character-based to military or tech-heavy).
- I’m always looking for queer romance in any of these genres!
I don’t review:
- erotica (high heat is fine, but there must be plot outside the sex scenes!)
- contemporary fiction
- Christian fiction
- grimdark fantasy
- military fantasy or sci fi
Please be upfront about content warnings, especially if your book contains domestic abuse or sexual assault.
I will strongly prioritise reviews for print copies, as this is my preferred way of reading; I can also accept Kindle/mobi copies. I am in the UK so please bear this in mind if you are not!
Please do let me know upfront if there is a specific date you would need a review by, as my TBR list is very full.
I reserve the right to refuse a review after accepting a review copy if a self-published book has not been edited, or contains persistent grammatical errors. To avoid this, I would prefer to read a sample before I commit to reviewing the full book (Look Inside on Amazon, for example). I do offer proof-reading and editing services – just drop me a line!